November has arrived. Yeah! Thoughts of Thanksgiving Day and the following holidays may have come to mind. The vibrant beautiful fall foliage is enough to erupt praise from one’s heart. We have indeed had some challenges navigating our new lifestyles, but I believe overflowing praise is powerful in the life of a believer.
Psalm 147:1 states,
“Praise the LORD!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.”
Psalm 9:1-2 states,
“I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.”
As Thanksgiving Day approaches, may we find even more reasons for allowing praise to overflow from our hearts. If I asked you to list just 20 things you were thankful for, could you do it? May I make some simple suggestions?
Some Ways in Which to Let Praise Overflow:
1. Praise the Lord for nailing your sins to the cross never to be held against you again.
2. Praise the Lord with a loud voice for who He is as you joyfully play a song.
3. Praise the Lord for an act of kindness you are about to take.
4. Praise the Lord for a friendship that has proven to be faithful over time.
5. Praise the Lord for those things that seem redundant (doing house chores, running errands, etc.)
6. Praise the Lord for the privilege and power of prayer.
7. Praise the Lord for eyesight to behold the beauty of the sky.
8. Praise the Lord for His empty tomb.
9. Praise the Lord for the ability to smell fresh baked bread.
10. Praise the Lord for the warmth of a blanket as you snuggle up to read a book.
11. Praise the Lord that you can afford to put gas in your car.
12. Praise the Lord for being with you always and forever.
13. Praise the Lord for children’s laughter.
14. Praise the Lord for family gatherings.
15. Praise the Lord that we never have to give up hope.
16. Praise the Lord for moments of peaceful rest.
17. Praise the Lord for when prejudice and divisiveness is torn asunder.
18. Praise the Lord for His grace towards you and for your extending grace to others.
19. Praise the Lord for a baby’s smile.
20. Praise the Lord for His indwelling Holy Spirit who guides us on this journey.
O.K. Now it’s your turn…